THE GNOSTIC WAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHILE 'HE' IS HERE

3 posters

Go down

WHILE 'HE' IS HERE Empty WHILE 'HE' IS HERE

Post by Admin Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:01 pm

What do you think is meant by the following quote from Jesus:

John 9:5 "While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world."

Does this not mean that (ONLY) WHILE JESUS WAS IN THE WORLD, was He the Master (i.e. the Light of the world)?

PLU Very Happy

Last edited by on Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://www.geocities.com/genuine.gnosis/index.html

Back to top Go down

WHILE 'HE' IS HERE Empty Re: WHILE 'HE' IS HERE

Post by Apakhana Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:02 am

He is probably refferring to the secular world. While he is in the state of conciousness we are all trapped in, he is the beacon of light showing us a way out since that is his purpose.

!?!
Apakhana
Apakhana

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:18 am

Yes, I think it means that he WAS the light, while he existed. His existance did not end with his death, and his light was not extinguished either.

My greatest wish is to become a light as well, while I know I do not embody the Christos as Yeshua did. I can still become the vessel needed.

If I spent my whole life trying to be such a light, even if I never completely succeded, I hardly think my life would have been wasted in the effort...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:31 am

Apakhana wrote:He is probably refferring to the secular world. While he is in the state of conciousness we are all trapped in, he is the beacon of light showing us a way out since that is his purpose.

!?!

DarkChylde wrote:Yes, I think it means that he WAS the light, while he existed. His existance did not end with his death, and his light was not extinguished either.

My greatest wish is to become a light as well, while I know I do not embody the Christos as Yeshua did. I can still become the vessel needed.

If I spent my whole life trying to be such a light, even if I never completely succeded, I hardly think my life would have been wasted in the effort...

Hi Apakhana & DC

May I ask both of you (and anyone else who might like to join in) if you would consider it a necessity (in order to discover the Light), at that time while Yehoshua was physically present on Earth (i.e. 2,000 years ago), to go to Him for Initiation (i.e. His Baptism of 'FIRE')?

Consider what He is reported to have said: No one comes to the Father (Elohim) except through me.

PLU Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://www.geocities.com/genuine.gnosis/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by BelzeBob Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 am

Admin wrote:
John 9:5 "While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world."

This refers to the principle that there must be a teacher, a guide or messenger.
As the blind cannot lead the blind. There must be someone who knows . And at that time and place that someone was Jesus. At other times and in other places there were/are others. Probably not as great as Jesus, but good enough to lead others to Heaven.

A common-sense example: say you don't want to enter Heaven, but you want to learn to play the piano. The "light" that you need then is a good piano-teacher. At least someone who knows more than yourself. This exact same principle of a master and pupil applies to the spiritual.

And "Nobody comes to the Father except through me." is another one.

It's much the same thing. Can you learn to build space-rockets by yourself? No. You'll probably need to learn from someone who already knows. I say space-rockets and not play the piano this time. As spiritual development is a very difficult art. Much more difficult than the piano.

An illusion that many have in this modern age is that "I can do it by myself". I think that rarely happens. Just like it rarely happens that someone (who has never read a book on physics) builds their own space-rocket.
BelzeBob
BelzeBob

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum