THE GNOSTIC WAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENUINE GNOSIS

4 posters

Go down

GENUINE GNOSIS Empty GENUINE GNOSIS

Post by Admin Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 am

There is much confusion and misunderstanding about genuine gnosis / gnosticism. The general consensus seems to be that gnosis originated within various heresies during the early years of Christianity. This is completely false - for genuine gnosis has been in existence since the very beginning of time itself.

Gnosis is the Spiritual Knowledge gained through a personal living experience of God. It cannot be obtained through following historic personalities or reading ancient scriptures - for it is a LIVING EXPERIENCE of the NOW. So many people are lost by studying old scriptures and blindly following dead Spiritual Masters. They tend to stop their search with the book, instead of going on to where the book points. Their experience is a dead experience of history, not a real living Spiritual experience of today - the living GNOSIS.

Religious indoctrination is one of the greatest hurdles to overcome in the search for true gnosis. We can see from the scriptures that all the great gnostic Prophets of old were most rejected by the so-called religious devotees.

It is reported that Yehoshua said: (speaking to the 'orthodox' believers of his day, e.g. the Pharisees and others)
"You have neither heard His (God's) voice at any time, nor seen His form; and His Word (Logos) has found no home in you: for you do not believe in the one He sends. You study the scriptures diligently, believing that in them you have eternal life; yet, although their testimony points to me (i.e. the current “living” Master), you refuse to come to Me to receive that [Spiritual] Life." (JOHN 5:38-40).

This saying is as true today as ever it was, and clearly demonstrates how the majority of people think and act. They do not want to learn from a true LIVING Spiritual Teacher - they think that they can do it all on their own. Does this not demonstrate what huge egos people have?

Peace, Love, & Understanding ~ Bob sunny

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://www.geocities.com/genuine.gnosis/index.html

Back to top Go down

GENUINE GNOSIS Empty Re: GENUINE GNOSIS

Post by gnosticseeker2009 Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:01 am

thank you.I am new to the path.

gnosticseeker2009

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoughts01 Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 am

I'm glad you reopened the board, I came back for your wisdom Bob... sunny sunny sunny

Thoughts01

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:58 am

Thoughts01 wrote:I'm glad you reopened the board, I came back for your wisdom Bob... sunny sunny sunny
Hi Thoughts, good to see you back. But please understand that only God is truly Wise. Anything 'wise' that comes through us is from God.

I re-opened the board purely for the sake of sincere SEEKERS - not those religionists (of whatever 'belief' system) which previously confused the issue of genuine GNOSIS which I was trying to promote here.

The board is open for anyone to read - but only those who understand, or are sincerely and openly seeking the eternal gnosis will now be allowed to join and post.

Peace, Love, & Understanding ~ Bob sunny
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://www.geocities.com/genuine.gnosis/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by StarSeeker Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:21 am

Just wanted to say hello, I am new to this page and I am very excited to jump in and see what everyone has got to say.

In the Light,
Matthew
StarSeeker
StarSeeker

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down