THE GNOSTIC WAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS A CONTEMPORARY SPIRITUAL MASTER NECESSARY ?

+5
Unprofitable Servant
Pila
angelfire
BelzeBob
Admin
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IS A CONTEMPORARY SPIRITUAL MASTER NECESSARY ? - Page 2 Empty Re: IS A CONTEMPORARY SPIRITUAL MASTER NECESSARY ?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:12 am

Actually those spiritual movements are never started by one individual -- but a group of souls. Yeshua's Disciples were not ignorant dumb fishermen, they were highly developed Beings, just as Yeshua. Yeshua would've never been able to achieve what he did, had it not been a group effort.

Back to top Go down

IS A CONTEMPORARY SPIRITUAL MASTER NECESSARY ? - Page 2 Empty Re: IS A CONTEMPORARY SPIRITUAL MASTER NECESSARY ?

Post by Admin Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:47 am

The_Passerby wrote:Actually those spiritual movements are never started by one individual -- but a group of souls. Yeshua's Disciples were not ignorant dumb fishermen, they were highly developed Beings, just as Yeshua. Yeshua would've never been able to achieve what he did, had it not been a group effort.
But was it not Saul/Paul who started what we now know as "Christianity"?

Yehoshua Himself, and his true (chosen) Apostles had nothing to do with starting a 'religion' - in fact we hardly know anything about them after their Master's death. Yehoshua Himself often condemns the ideas of hierarchical religion.

The religion that was finally propagated was formulated from Paul's teachings combined with popular myths woven together to gain worldly support - and finally, great power and wealth. The same old story of religion!

PLU ~ Bob Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://www.geocities.com/genuine.gnosis/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by seekerjuan Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Admin wrote:
Does this not clearly prove (to those who believe in the truth of the Bible) that we all need a contemporary, living, 'flesh and blood', Spiritual Teacher / Master in order to receive, 'first-hand', the gift of the Holy Spirit - BY THE LAYING ON OF HANDS?

What do you think?

Bob, I'm struggling with this issue today...

Pistis Sophia: The Second Book of Pistis Sophia: Chapter 97
"On this account I have said unto you aforetime: 'He who hath faith in a
prophet, will receive a prophet's reward, and he who hath faith in a righteous
[man] will receive a righteous [man's] reward,'--that is: Every one will go to
the region up to which he hath received mysteries. He who receiveth a lesser
mystery, will inherit the lesser mystery, and he who receiveth a higher mystery,
will inherit the higher regions. And every one will abide in his region in the
light of my kingdom, and every one will have power over the orders which are
below him, but he will not have the power to go to the orders which are above
him; but he will abide in the region of the Inheritance of the Light of my
kingdom, being in a great light immeasurable for the gods and all the
invisibles, and he will be in great joy and great jubilation.

Based on the passage above, your Master can only help you to the level he/she as received. So you must choose wisely.

There is also something in Pistis Sophia about helping others attain Gnosis and that you will be rewarded to the level they receive, but I can't find the passage....

For me, I find that my experience with others, in discussions like this one, often give me more insight than I ever received in my religious training. It is my current view, that we are all here to teach each other. That we must help each other. Synergy of thought can take you further than a single Master. Seeking multiple Masters gives you a better chance of higher reward.

I train dogs for fun and profit. I have trained under at least 6 different "OTCH - Obedience Trial Champion" a.k.a. Master trainers. I have learned something from each of them. The sum of what I have learned is greater than what I have learned from each individually. This is because I can combine the teachings and develop derivative ideas of my own.

I have often been told, mainly by my Hindu and Muslim friends, that they consider me a teacher. Not because I tell them anything, but in how I live my life and interact with others. They say they learn by watching me. Please don't take this as ego, as I would never call myself a Master, but I consider this a good point. A Master/Teacher does not have to be ordained, or even fully Gnostic. They must reflect, in their life, the qualities you desire in your life and the level you wish to attain in Gnosis. Finding one person that provides all of this, will be quite a challenge. At least it has been for me, so far...

This is one of the reasons I had a good feeling about this group. I lurked in a few other groups and saw there was often a "Master" in these groups. But I could not accept their view of Gnosticism. It looked too much like an Orthodox scam... The last thing I want is a Gnostic Evangelical! affraid

I saw humility here. With this, I hope that I will find many Masters here to learn from.

seekerjuan

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2