THE GNOSTIC WAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO OR WHAT IS YAHWEH ?

3 posters

Go down

WHO OR WHAT IS YAHWEH ? Empty WHO OR WHAT IS YAHWEH ?

Post by Admin Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:51 am

In the Hebrew language, the name YEHOSHUA (English: Joshua; Greek: Iesous; Greek/English: Jesus) means "YAHWEH IS SALVATION".

Thus, we should discover who or what Yahweh actually is.

Yahweh appears throughout the Hebrew Bible, in many different stories, walking and talking, eating and resting, with many different people; his actions thus clearly show him to be a "physical" (human) being!

The word Yahweh is not a name, but a title meaning "Divine presence" or "Spiritual manifestation/being" (“HE WHO IS [always]”) – i.e. "the Lord" (the term which most English translations use for Yahweh).

Someone referred to as Yahweh is reported to be living on Earth throughout the period of the Hebrew Bible, from the very beginning. We hear of him at the time of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, right through to Noah, and then Abraham, and so forth - hardly a page without mention of Yahweh - right up to the final chapters of the Hebrew Bible.

Then a baby is born (around 6 B.C.) who is named Yehoshua (Joshua/Jesus = "YAHWEH is Salvation") who is destined to take a place in this eternal line of "Divine Beings" or "Saviours" or "Spiritual Lords". Now, most orthodox Christians consider that any appearance of the Lord (i.e. Yahweh) in the Old Testament to be referring to a prior appearance of this same "JESUS". But, unless they believe in reincarnation, how could this be so when Jesus was clearly born around 6 B.C. as a newborn baby? Of course, if they do believe in reincarnation, this would mean that it is the SPIRIT (CHRIST) NOT THE BODY (i.e. JESUS) that is reincarnated!

Thus, if we consider all the above, it seems very clear to me that God (Elohim) has sent many different incarnations of His Spirit (the LORD = YAHWEH) to Earth throughout history. In other traditions these men are called AVATARS, MAHDIS, etc.

PLU ~ Bob Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://www.geocities.com/genuine.gnosis/index.html

Back to top Go down

WHO OR WHAT IS YAHWEH ? Empty Re: WHO OR WHAT IS YAHWEH ?

Post by Thoughts Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:57 am

Admin wrote:

You mention "the Gnostics" - who, may I ask, are the Gnostics exactly? Question Question Question Question Question

You speak of "them" as though the various sects were all the same - had the exact same understanding - used the same terminology - and had a universal dogmatic doctrine.

I am amazed at this thought-line. Are gnostics supposed to follow what they discover and EXPERIENCE within their own personal Spiritual Centre - their own Self - or what some book, tradition, or dogma dictates?

PLU ~ Bob Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers You know The Path!!! I knew you did!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thoughts
Thoughts

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukuma Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:58 am

Admin wrote:In the Hebrew language, the name YEHOSHUA (English: Joshua; Greek: Iesous; Greek/English: Jesus) means "YAHWEH IS SALVATION".

Thus, we should discover who or what Yahweh actually is.

Yahweh appears throughout the Hebrew Bible, in many different stories, walking and talking, eating and resting, with many different people; his actions thus clearly show him to be a "physical" (human) being!

The word Yahweh is not a name, but a title meaning "Divine presence" or "Spiritual manifestation/being" (“HE WHO IS [always]”) – i.e. "the Lord" (the term which most English translations use for Yahweh).

Someone referred to as Yahweh is reported to be living on Earth throughout the period of the Hebrew Bible, from the very beginning. We hear of him at the time of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, right through to Noah, and then Abraham, and so forth - hardly a page without mention of Yahweh - right up to the final chapters of the Hebrew Bible.

Then a baby is born (around 6 B.C.) who is named Yehoshua (Joshua/Jesus = "YAHWEH is Salvation") who is destined to take a place in this eternal line of "Divine Beings" or "Saviours" or "Spiritual Lords". Now, most orthodox Christians consider that any appearance of the Lord (i.e. Yahweh) in the Old Testament to be referring to a prior appearance of this same "JESUS". But, unless they believe in reincarnation, how could this be so when Jesus was clearly born around 6 B.C. as a newborn baby? Of course, if they do believe in reincarnation, this would mean that it is the SPIRIT (CHRIST) NOT THE BODY (i.e. JESUS) that is reincarnated!

Thus, if we consider all the above, it seems very clear to me that God (Elohim) has sent many different incarnations of His Spirit (the LORD = YAHWEH) to Earth throughout history. In other traditions these men are called AVATARS, MAHDIS, etc.

PLU ~ Bob Very Happy

Reply:

From my view, the bible reflects a division between the El/Elohim and YHWH traditions as well as a unification of the two. This being the case, there is more than one YHWH.

Genesis 17:1 and Exodus 6:3 reflect Yhwh as El Shaddai, who wasn't the most High God, El. It has been stated that Shaddai is of the word Shadu, meaning mountain. Is it coincidence that El Shaddai revealing himself as Yhwh on a mountain?

Exodus 32:7,8 and 1Kings 12:28 reflects this division between El and Yhwh. The golden calf is El or Bull El/Ba'al of the Canaanites and Israelites. Followers of Yhwh like Jeremiah (iah/yah = ywhw) and Josiah took issue with this. If Jews saw El and Yhwh as one in the same then they wouldn't have had any issue with the golden calf(s) or the weeping of Tammuz. Yahweh didn't become synonimized with the most High God, El until after Babylonian captivity. Before that time, he was simply a tribal deity. The Patriarchs didn't have a problem with Bull El/Ba'al but Yhwh did (Exodus 32:7)? The followers of iah were those of the exoteric fold who couldn't pronunciate the devine name, not because it was too holy, but because they didn't know the mysteries of the kingdom. IMO, YHWH is truly not a name, but the elemental expression of all creation as well as baptismal levels of consiousness represented by the 4 gospels:

Y (Fire - Mark)
H (Air - Luke)
W (Water - Matthew)
H (Earth - John)

The way I understand it to be, YHWH fully manifests in all of creation and cannot be concretized in any one form. As far as him appearing to be a man. I pretty much chalk that up to the anthropomorphic language of the biblical authors who unknowingly copied this form of writ (the profane/unitiated who copied without understanding - exoteric/orhos) which was originally coined by those who knew the inner reality that man is indeed the temple of God and made in his image.

Htp
Chukuma
Chukuma

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down