THE GNOSTIC WAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MYSTIC LIGHT

3 posters

Go down

THE MYSTIC LIGHT Empty THE MYSTIC LIGHT

Post by Admin Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:17 pm

The Bible, as all other genuine Spiritual scripture, contains many descriptions of the “LIGHT”. This 'Light of God' is also referred to symbolically as “Fire”, “Lightning”, etc; but is, in reality, an inward Mystic VISIONARY experience (viz. The “Beatific Vision” / "Vision of the Shekhinah") of the Supreme Spirit (i.e. Elohim / God). This Light may actually be SEEN (experienced) by initiated disciples of the Lord. Let us allow the scriptures to speak for themselves:

“The Messenger of Yahweh appeared to him (Moses) as a Flame of Fire.” Exod 3:2

“Mount Sinai was covered with smoke because God had descended on it in the form of Fire.” Exod 19:18

“The Vision of Yahweh’s Glory was like burning Fire.” Exod 24:17

“The Lord your God is a consuming Fire…. On Earth He let you (the Israelites) see His Great Fire, and out of the Fire you heard His Word.” Deut 4:24 & 36
By “consuming Fire”, it is meant that the Light / Fire of God destroys (burns up or eradicates) all the errors / evils of Spiritual ignorance (cf. Jer 23:29). It has nothing to do with any punishment by fire (e.g. “burning in hell”). Such notions are the inventions of ignorant religionists.

“Behold! A ‘Chariot of Fire’ appeared, and horses of Fire… and Elijah was taken up by the power of the Spirit into Heaven.” 2Kings 2:11

“He (God) made a dark veil to hide His Secret abode: a thick covering of cloud; in the Vision of His Brightness the cloud passes away, revealing His rain of Flaming embers.” Psalm 18:11-12

“The Voice of the Lord brings forth Flames of Fire.” Psalm 29:7

“In Thy (God’s) Light we see the Light.” Psalm 36:9

“Send forth Thy Light and Thy Truth to be my guide.” Psalm 43:3

“He (God) makes the breath His messenger, and flames of fire his ministers.” Psalm 104:4

“The people who walked in darkness have seen a great Light.” Isaiah 9:2

“The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting Light, and your God will be your glory. Your (Spiritual) Sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting Light, and your days of sorrow will end.” Isaiah 60:19-20

“Behold! The Lord comes with Fire!” Isaiah 66:15

“Yahweh placed His hand on me (Ezekiel); then I looked and saw a great Spirit from the north: a great cloud surrounded by Light and flashing Fire… I saw what looked like Fire – a radiant disc of Light… It was the Vision of the Glory of Yahweh.” Ezek 1:3-28
This is a clear description of Mystic Initiation and the resulting “Vision” (i.e. the ‘Beatific Vision) which is revealed and experienced during genuine Spiritual Initiation – the “Fire” Baptism mentioned in Matt 3:11 (Note, also, “the placing on” of Yahweh’s hand).

“His (God’s) throne is blazing Flame, encircled by discs of Fire.” Dan 7:9

“His (the Lord’s) brightness is the Light, rays flash from His hand, this is the hidden power of God.” Hab 3:4

“For all who fear My Name, the Sun of Righteousness shall shine with healing in its rays.” Mal 4:2

“Wisdom is the brightness of Eternal Light… In each generation it enters Holy souls and makes them friends and Prophets of God.” (Wisdom 7:26-27).

“For Thy Holy ones there shines a great Light… You give Your people a pillar of blazing Fire to guide them on their secret journey, an [inner] Sun which will not scorch them on their glorious migration.” (Wisdom 18:1 & 3).

“Bring the [Spiritually] blind to the Vision of My (God’s) Brightness.” (2Esdras or 4Ezra 2:21).

“Be ready to receive the rewards of My (God’s) Kingdom: the perpetual Light which will shine in you for ever and ever.” (2Esdras or 4Ezra 2:35).

“Those born of Truth spring from the fountain of Light… All the children of Righteousness are ruled by the Prince of Light and walk in the ways of Light.” (Dead Sea Scrolls: ‘Community Rule’ Col. III).

“I seek Thee (God), and as sure as the dawn Thou appearest as perfect Light to me… Thou hast revealed Thyself to me in Thy power as perfect Light.” (Dead Sea Scrolls: ‘Hymn’ 7).

“He (the Lord) will baptise you with the Holy Spirit of Fire.” Matt 3:11

“If your eye be single, your whole body will be filled with Light.” Matt 6:22-23

“He (John the Baptist) came to bear witness to the Light.” John 1:7

“Anyone who follows Me (the living Lord) will not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life.” John 8:12

“Then they (the initiated disciples) saw what looked like tongues of Flame which spread out and rested on each of them. Thus they were filled with the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:3

“Suddenly a Light from Heaven shone all around him (Paul).” Acts 9:3

“His (the Lord’s) Messengers are the Spirits; His servants are Flames of Fire.” Heb 1:7

“Those who have been Enlightened, who have tasted the Heavenly Gift.” Heb 6:4

“Our God is a consuming Fire.” Heb 12:29

“God who has called you (initiated disciples) out of darkness into His marvellous Light.” 1Pet 2:9

“God is Light.” 1John 1:5

“From the Throne (of God) came flashes of Lightning and peals of Thunder, and there were seven lamps of Fire burning before the Throne, which were the seven Spirits of God.” Rev 4:5

“There is no night there (in the Heavenly Kingdom); no need of lamps or sunlight, for the Lord God is their Light.” Rev 22:5

“The Great Glory (the Spirit of God) sits on the Throne, and His raiment shines more brightly than the sun, and is whiter than snow.” (1Enoch 14:20).

“He (the Lord) reveals His Light to the righteous and elect who dwell upon the Earth.” (1Enoch 38:2).

“The Light of the Lord’s Spirit is seen by the holy, righteous, and elect.” (1Enoch 38:4).

“The chosen ones shall be in the Light of Eternal Life… For they shall seek the Light and find Righteousness with the Lord of Spirits.” (1Enoch 58:3-4).

“The Lord has directed my (an initiate’s) mouth by His Word, and has opened my heart by His Light.” (Odes of Solomon 10:1).

“The Lord renewed me with His garment and possessed me by His Light… The Lord is like the sun shining on the face of the land. He Enlightened my eyes.” (Odes of Solomon 11:11-14).

“He (the Lord) is my Sun, and His rays have lifted me up; His Light has dispelled all darkness from my face.” (Odes of Solomon 15:2).

“I was lifted up in the Light and passed before His (God’s) face.” (Odes of Solomon 21:6).

“I (an initiate) ascended to the Light of Truth as if on a chariot, the Truth guided me and led me… It became to me a haven of Salvation, and laid me in the arms of Eternal Life.” (Odes of Solomon 38:1-3).

“And Light dawned from the Word which was before time in Him (the Lord).” (Odes of Solomon 41:14).

“He (the Lord) raised me (Isaiah) up into the seventh Heaven, and I saw there a wonderful Light.” (Ascension of Isaiah 9:6).

“A great and indescribable Light appeared, and Aseneth saw it and bowed her face in the ashes.” (Joseph & Aseneth 14:2-3).

“He (the Lord) is the immeasurable Light which is Pure, Holy, and Perfect.” (N.H.L. – Apocryphon of John).

“There came in me (Peter) fear and joy, for I saw a new Light, greater than the light of day.” (N.H.L. – Apocalypse of Peter).

“There is Light within a man of Light, and it lights up the whole world. If it does not shine, then one is in darkness!” (N.H.L. – Gospel of Thomas 24).

“The Mysteries of this [Spiritual] marriage (i.e. union with God) are consummated in the day and the Light. Neither that day nor its Light ever sets. If anyone becomes a son of that [Spiritual] bridal chamber, he will receive the Light.” (N.H.L. – Gospel of Philip).

“When I (Peter), with the sons of Zebedee, saw the brightness of His (the Lord’s) Light, I fell as if dead and shut my eyes, and heard such a Voice from Him that I am not able to describe, and thought myself to be blinded by His Brightness.” (ACTS of Peter 20).

“You (an initiate) shall behold the Light, more excellent than daylight, which shines more brightly than the sun, and is more perfect than perfection. Thus the son shall become perfect through the Father Who is Light.” (Epistle of the Apostles 19).

“Cease not to seek day and night, and remit not yourselves until you find the Mystery of the Light-Kingdom, which will purify you and make you into refined Light, and lead you into the Kingdom of Light.” (Pistis Sophia).

“Even a righteous man who has committed no sin at all cannot enter the Light-Kingdom if the Seal of the Mysteries is not revealed to him.” (Pistis Sophia).

“There is a Fire-baptism – the baptism of the Holy Spirit of Light – the Spiritual anointing, which leads the soul into the Treasury of Light.” (Pistis Sophia).

“O alone-begotten of Light, I praise Thee; O Light unengendered, I praise Thee… O Gnosis of Light surpassing all knowledge, I praise Thee… O thou pure Light, surpassing all purity, I praise Thee… O thou only all-perfect Light, I praise Thee.” (Gnosis of the Light: Codex Brucianus).

What can one add to these ancient testimonies to the Mystic Light of God? It should only be repeated and emphasized that this Light is a very real experience, which may actually be seen by all initiated disciples of the genuine contemporary Master during their lifetime on Earth! Enlightenment is not merely a metaphorical term used of intellectual comprehension, as is implied by so many adherents of orthodoxy. The result of seeing this Mystic Light of God (the Beatific Vision) may be described by taking the example of an undeveloped photographic film. If one were to take such a reel of film, which had been filled with various images, and expose it to a physical light source, then all the images would be ‘burned’ off. If we compare our minds with this photographic film, they, too, are filled (from birth) with a huge variety of concepts and images, i.e. a multitude of indoctrinated notions, traditions, and beliefs. Thus, by exposing one’s mind to the Divine Light of Truth, all false concepts, impurities, selfish desires, etc (simply all that is ‘evil’) is burned away – the mind is genuinely cleansed of all worldly rubbish – thus returning one to the original and perfect condition of unity with Truth / God (i.e. when humankind was “made in the image of God.” Gen 1:27).

PLU Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-11-05

http://www.geocities.com/genuine.gnosis/index.html

Back to top Go down

THE MYSTIC LIGHT Empty Re: THE MYSTIC LIGHT

Post by Admin Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:47 am

Here's some more quotes from other ancient scriptures:

IN HINDU SCRIPTURES
:

To you, Holy Fire, which shines upon darkness, we come every day… Be easy for us to reach, like a father to his son. Abide with us, Holy Fire, for our happiness.” (Rig Veda 1:1, 7-9).

“We have risen out of darkness, seeing the highest Light around us, going to the Sun, the God among gods, the highest Light.” (Rig Veda 1:50, 10).

“With His clear, strong Flame He shines riches upon us… blazing without fuel in the waters… He shines for ever, with undarkened Flame, remaining in the Highest Place.” (Rig Veda 2:35, 4 & 14).

“The Holy Fire shines forth with Heavenly Light; by His power He makes all things manifest.” (Rig Veda 5:2, 9).

“We have gone to the Light, we have found God.” (Rig Veda 8:48, 3).

“Where the inextinguishable Light shines… in that Immortal, unfading world, O Purifier, place me… Where the worlds are made of Light, there make me Immortal.” (Rig Veda 9:113, 7 & 9).

“The Seers guard this revelation that shines like the sun on the Path of Truth.” (Rig Veda 10:177, 2).

“Holy Light! Illuminate the way for us.” (Isa Upanisad 18 ).

“Understand about the Heavenly Fire; attain to the Infinite World and become established; know that which is in the secret place… The Fire that leads to Heaven.” (Katha Upanisad 1:1:14-19).

“No physical sun shines there, nor moon and stars, nor lightnings – not to mention any earthly fire! It is He that shines there, and everything shines from Him. By His Light everything is illumined.” (Katha Upanisad 2:2:15).

“When the mind is overcome by the Light of God it dreams no more; then there arises true happiness right here in this body.” (Prasna Upanisad 4:6).

“Shining, yet hidden, the Spirit lives in the secret cave of the heart.” (Mundaka Upanisad 2:2:1).

“The Light which shines in the highest Heaven… this is the same Light which shines within man… One should worship that inner Light.” (Chandogya Upanisad 3:13:7-8 ).

“A wise man, separating himself from carnal things, unites with the Highest Light and realises his True form.” (Chandogya Upanisad 8:3:4).

“When man crosses that bridge, though it be night, it shall be day; for Heaven is shining always.” (Chandogya Upanisad 8:4:2).

“The bright Eternal Self that lives in the Light of the body… that is Immortality, that is Spirit, that is All.” (Brihadaranyaka
Upanisad 2:5:8 ).

“Having pierced through the darkness, one goes to what is not enveloped in darkness. Then one sees Him who sparkles like a wheel of fire, of the colour of the sun: the mighty Spirit that is beyond darkness… When one has seen Him, one goes to Immortality.” (Maitri Upanisad 6:24).

“I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of Knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.” (Bhagavad Gita 10:11).

“If a thousand suns should suddenly shine forth together in the sky, their light might resemble the Light of God.” (Bhagavad Gita 11:12).

“I see the splendour of Your infinite beauty which illumines the whole universe… How difficult Thou art to see! But I see Thee: as Fire, as the Sun, blinding, immeasurable.” (Bhagavad Gita 11:17).

IN EGYPTIAN SCRIPTURES:

“Thou shinest there with Thy beams, O Thou great God, Osiris, the eternal Prince.” (Book of the Dead 15 [6]: 16).

“I am the Great One, son of the Great One; I am Fire, the son of Fire.” (Book of the Dead 43:2).

“I have come to give Light in the darkness… I have opened the way.” (Book of the Dead 80:9-11).

“The God of Light has invigorated me… I have come from the pool of Flame which is in the field of Fire.” (Book of the Dead 98:4-7).

“May the God of Light open His arms to me.” (Book of the Dead 124:9).

“Homage to Thee, O Thou who art within Thy Divine Shrine, Who shinest with rays of Light and sendest forth radiance from Thyself, Who decrees eternal joy unto those who love Him.” (Book of the Dead 134:1-2).

“He hath made the God Shu to shine upon thy body; He hath illumined thy path with Rays of Splendour.” (Book of the Dead 183:8-9).

“Atennu, the Prince of rays and beams of Light, who, having revealed Himself, gave Life to all men.” (Book of the Dead of Nesi-Khonsu).

“Suddenly everything opened before me in a flash, and I beheld a limitless vision. Everything became Light, serene and joyful, and I was filled with Love from the vision… From this Light the Holy Word entered into nature, and pure Fire shot up from the moist nature into the height… That Light is I – the Divine Mind – your God… Therefore meditate on the Light and learn to know it.” (Poimandres: Corpus Hermeticum 1:4-6).

“Those who are Enlightened in their soul by a ray from the Divine Light – and they are but few! – from these the demons desist… all others are carried and driven along by the demons, loving and cherishing their own works.” (Poimandres: Corpus Hermeticum 15).

“Saved by Thy Light, we rejoice that Thou hast shown Thyself to us whole, and made us gods while still in our bodies through the Vision of Thee.” (Logos Teleios: pseudo-Apuleius, Asclepius 41).

IN ZOROASTRIAN SCRIPTURES:

Whosoever repeats the Holy Word… his soul will I, Ahura Mazda, bring… to the best World, to the best Righteousness, to the endless Light.” (Yasna 19:6).

“I shall reveal Righteousness so that you may be perfected and see the Light.” (Yasna 30:1).

“The Light is revealed to those who seek Thy Holy Spirit.” (Yasna 43:2).

“The Place of Light, where Righteousness dwells with Devotion, where the Power of Love reigns, where God the Lord resides in Glory.” (Yasna 46:16).

“I, Ahura Mazda, the Creator, will make his soul see the Joy of Paradise: boundless Light, unearned
Felicity, and Eternal Bliss.”
(Tahmuras Fragments 80-82).

“No one who remains in darkness can look at the Light.” (Shikand-Gumanik Vijar 13:61).

“When Ohrmazd spoke in this manner, I was astonished; for I saw a Light, but no body did I see.” (Arday Viraz Namag 101:10-11).

“The region of Light, which is called Eternal Light, is the abode of Ahura Mazda.” (Bundahishn 1:2).

IN BABYLONIAN SCRIPTURES:

All things have for their Father the One Fire.” (Chaldaean Oracles, K 15).

“She is the Energizer and revealer of Life-bringing Fire. The Life-giving Might of Fire possessed of mighty power.” (Chaldaean Oracles, K 19).

“Thoughts of the Father: Brightness a-flame, pure Fire!” (Chaldaean Oracles, K 24).

“To the Gnostic Fire-whirls of the Gnostic Fire do all things yield.” (Chaldaean Oracles, K 42).

“Urging himself to the centre of Sounding Light; armed at all points, clad in the bloom of Sounding Light, arming both mind and soul with three-barbed Might.” (Chaldaean Oracles, K 51).

“Unto the Light and to the Father’s Rays you should hasten… for if the mortal draw near to the Fire, he shall have Light from God.” (Chaldaean Oracles, K 52-53).

“The Gods tell us to gain understanding of the Light form which they reveal.” (Chaldaean Oracles, K 57).

“When you see the Sacred Fire which flashes radiant yet formless throughout the depths of the world, then listen to the Voice of Fire.” (Chaldaean Oracles, K 58 ).

IN GREEK & ROMAN SCRIPTURES:

Suddenly a marvellous Light comes to meet the initiate and he enters open fields in a Land of Purity; there are Voices… and Majestic and Holy things to greet the ear and eye.” (Plutarch: “On the Soul”; in Stobaeus 4, 52, 49).

IN BUDDHIST SCRIPTURES:

Vision arose in me of things not seen before, Knowledge arose, Wisdom arose, Light arose.” (Mahavagga 1:6:23).

“Why do you not seek the Light, you who are shrouded in darkness?” (Dhammapada 146).

“The True Self is a Lamp.” (Dhammapada 236 & 238).

“I lay no wood, O priests, for fires on altars. The Fire which I kindle shines deep within.” (Samyutta-Nikaya 1:169).

“His Gnosis will blaze forth like the sun and remove the darkness of delusion from this world.” (Ashvaghosha: ‘Buddhacarita’ 1:60).

“Behold the Buddha’s glory shining forth, as in the vaulted heaven beams the sun.” (Buddhaghosa: ‘Visuddimagga’).

“The Benefactor of the world, the Bringer of the Light!” (Mahavastu 1:232).

“By this contemplating, one recognises one’s inner Light; and, merging one’s self therein, in at-one-ment, Buddhahood is attained.” (Bardo Thodol – Tibetan Book of the Dead).

“First will appear, swifter than lightning, the Luminous Splendour of the colourless Light of Emptiness, which will surround you on all sides.” (Bardo Thodol).

“O mist of spring, thou hidest all things beautiful and bright as if there did not shine the True, imperishable Light.” (Hymns of Honen).

continued in next post ......
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:52 am

...... continued from previous post:

IN MANDAEAN SCRIPTURES:

God, the sublime King of Light, the God of Truth… the Pure Radiance and the great Light which is not extinguished… Radiance, which is immutable; Light which is inextinguishable, Beauty, Lustre, and Glory, in which there is no fault.” (Ginza Rba 1:1-3).

“I became a King to the Nasoreans… and by My Name they ascend to the Place of Light and behold the Place of Light. The elect righteous, who wear My garment, are filled with Light… Whoever is Enlightened and instructed by Me rises and beholds the Place of Light.” (Jb. Chapter 59).

“They were to awaken the souls that had stumbled away from the Place of Light… that they might lift their faces to the Place of Light.” (Ginza 308).

“I am Yokabar-Kushtar, who has gone forth from my Father’s house and come hither with hidden Splendour and with Eternal Light.” (Ginza 318).

“From the Place of Light have I gone forth, from Thee, bright habitation. I come to feel the hearts, to measure and try all minds, to see in whose heart I dwell, in whose mind I repose… I come and find the truthful and believing hearts… I take them and guide them up to the World of Light.” (Ginza 389).

“Hearken and be instructed, and rise up victorious to the Place of Light.” (Das Johannesbuch der Mandaer 57).

IN ISLAMIC SCRIPTURES:

God is the Light of the Heavens and the Earth. His Light may be compared to a niche that enshrines a lamp, the lamp within a crystal of star-like brilliance… Its very oil would almost shine forth, though no fire touched it. Light upon Light; God guides to His Light whom He will.” (Koran 24:35).

“He sends His blessings to you through His Messengers, that He may lead you from darkness into the Light.” (Koran 33:43).

“Believe, then, in God and His Messenger, and in the Light which we have sent down.” (Koran 64:8 ).

“The kindled Fire of God will raise up the hearts of men. It will enclose them on every side with great strength.” (Koran 104:6-9).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoughts Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:33 am

Thank You... I needed that today... sunny sunny sunny
Thoughts
Thoughts

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:52 am

Thoughts wrote:Thank You... I needed that today... sunny sunny sunny
Yes, it is so beautiful to realize that this Light is universal and eternal - AND IT IS WITHIN EACH OF US. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoughts Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:19 am

Admin wrote:
Thoughts wrote:Thank You... I needed that today... sunny sunny sunny
Yes, it is so beautiful to realize that this Light is universal and eternal - AND IT IS WITHIN EACH OF US. Very Happy
I know that, finding it in the darkness is brings me down some days...
Thoughts
Thoughts

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rene Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 am

i like this one ... actually like all of them but this is good too

His Gnosis will blaze forth like the sun and remove the darkness of delusion from this world.” (Ashvaghosha: ‘Buddhacarita’ 1:60).

Rene

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down