THE GNOSTIC WAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"FIRE" BAPTISM (INITIATION)

+10
in progress
Brian
Maya
Heather
Chukuma
Melchizedek
Apakhana
theeternaliam
BelzeBob
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"FIRE" BAPTISM (INITIATION) - Page 2 Empty Re: "FIRE" BAPTISM (INITIATION)

Post by theeternaliam Wed May 14, 2008 7:43 am

Water flows down, fire moves up. Water brings god to you, Fire moves you to god

I like that. So I guess, perhaps, baptism of water can represent the desire for cleansing, whereas the baptism of fire might represent Righteous Works, activity.
theeternaliam
theeternaliam

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukuma Wed May 14, 2008 9:10 am

theeternaliam wrote:
Water flows down, fire moves up. Water brings god to you, Fire moves you to god

I like that. So I guess, perhaps, baptism of water can represent the desire for cleansing, whereas the baptism of fire might represent Righteous Works, activity.

Reply:

Hi, TE. I definitely agree with you on water baptism. Water signifies cleansing. The Fire is purification of mind, which leads to a New mind.

Htp
Chukuma
Chukuma

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:58 pm

BelzeBob wrote:
walking on the water...

water=the knowledge. Jesus could walk on the water (knowledge) - meaning he mastered the knowledge.

Walking on top of the water (or the Abyss) without sinking may be a metaphor for "overcoming death". 'Sinking' may symbolize the loss of mental-stability or self-control that occurs when the Ego senses it's impending doom.

Above the water = Higher self
Below the water = Lower self

Brian

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by in progress Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:17 am

I just stopped by to check out this forum but had to join just so I could post on this thread! So this opinion is not coming from a gnostic!

I agree w/ both Apakhana and Melchizedek. This sounds a lot like kundalini to me. It has been given other names too. It depends upon your viewpoint. To me water has always meant spirit. Before kundalini rises some will feel the movement of vibration or an influx of energy from the crown down that some refer to as grace. It's a spiritual energy, "water". Then kundalini rises, earth energy, the "fire". To the best of my knowledge the spiritual energy triggers kundalini to rise. Kundalini energy will often feel hot inside your body as it "burns away" all the emotional garbage that one has collected in his or her lifetimes, blocks to the free flow of spiritual energy that is working to raise your consciousness. Some have referred to this energy as liquid light. After this occurs many will develop psychic gifts or you an call them spiritual gifts. Some people who awaken kundalini have seen light, sometimes colored, sometimes white, flow out of the crown of their heads. I have had these experiences myself! Kundalini experiences differ as everyone is unique but there are some basic tendencies. I am fairly new to kundalini so this is the best of my understanding thus far.

in progress

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by in progress Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:44 am

I will look for your posts Sopherim!
There are people at the other forum I usually visit, www.spiritualforums.com who are far more knowledgeable than I about kundalini and psychic gifts. I hope it's all right that I post that link. If not, zap it! I am still learning about it all myself. I have only been experiencing it for about three to four months now. My psychic gifts are still in their infancy and I have not yet consciously visited the astral planes. I've been learning a lot! It's been great fun.
The only thing I'm not sure about and it popped into my head just now is whether these energies mix as they are busy buzzing around in your body, the spiritual and earth energies. Do they merge and become one? Do you have any ideas Sopherim?

in progress

Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 am

I equate it with "the fire" of Alchemy.

In me it has manifested as "inflammation" up and down my spine. This pain has been slowly burning away the personal Ego, and then in key "peak experiences" unconditional Love/Peace of mind come flowing in usually while I sleep except for once. If you hold every moment the "intention" to Know God, then your Higher Self begins to Awaken and guide you.............gently
But

Sparrowhawk

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Melchizedek wrote:

I apologize before hand if any of this has been said already. It seems this is multidimensional Water flows down, fire moves up. Water brings god to you, Fire moves you to god. It was said prior it could refer to Kundalini rising. It also could refer to an overflowing of compassion from the heart, and also to the ascending chariot or Merkaba. Seems to represent the flowering of SELF, ascension to I AM, christ consciousness, christhood or buddhahood. Water cleanses, fire purifies. Could also be attributed to spiritual alchemy. Stoking the fires, a galvanization or crystallization of the spark, a coming into BEING through the Master but of yourself. And more.

The "Heart" is the bridge which connects the two triangles of Solomons seal(Star of David),
it is that symbol which represents what you describe. When we choose LOVE(Christ....The Way), we open ourselves to "rebirth" in spirit. The lower triangle is the combined 3 lower chakras, the upper triangle is the 3 higher chakras, and the heart unites them. Once united "the Christ Consciousness" can freely come and go. You are complete, it comes one step at a time, no more then you can bear. That is the promise of the rainbow "Gods Promise not to flood the Consciousness" this aids in setting aside fear.

love and peace

Sparrowhawk

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Rene Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:47 pm

in progress wrote:I just stopped by to check out this forum but had to join just so I could post on this thread! So this opinion is not coming from a gnostic!

I agree w/ both Apakhana and Melchizedek. This sounds a lot like kundalini to me. It has been given other names too. It depends upon your viewpoint. To me water has always meant spirit. Before kundalini rises some will feel the movement of vibration or an influx of energy from the crown down that some refer to as grace. It's a spiritual energy, "water". Then kundalini rises, earth energy, the "fire". To the best of my knowledge the spiritual energy triggers kundalini to rise. Kundalini energy will often feel hot inside your body as it "burns away" all the emotional garbage that one has collected in his or her lifetimes, blocks to the free flow of spiritual energy that is working to raise your consciousness. Some have referred to this energy as liquid light. After this occurs many will develop psychic gifts or you an call them spiritual gifts. Some people who awaken kundalini have seen light, sometimes colored, sometimes white, flow out of the crown of their heads. I have had these experiences myself! Kundalini experiences differ as everyone is unique but there are some basic tendencies. I am fairly new to kundalini so this is the best of my understanding thus far.

That is one of thee best explainations I have heard, I do believe this is exactly* what happened to me, and following this experience , is the "gift" , jst recently I was reading E Tolles book "The Power Of Now", I was only in it a few pages, and i closed my eyes to contemplate, mull over what I had read, the moment I closed my eyes, I saw the most beautiful colo of purple... like a big screne of color... then this color of purple meshed into a blue.... it was awsome..... never experienced this before in my life

liquid lite is an excellent descriptive

Rene

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rene Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Sparrowhawk wrote:I equate it with "the fire" of Alchemy.

In me it has manifested as "inflammation" up and down my spine. This pain has been slowly burning away the personal Ego, and then in key "peak experiences" unconditional Love/Peace of mind come flowing in usually while I sleep except for once. If you hold every moment the "intention" to Know God, then your Higher Self begins to Awaken and guide you.............gently
But

when this happened to me, I litterally felt... a type of tingling from the top of my crown all down my neck...

the best way to describe it is like this, imagine electric shock..like a thousand of little wires going off in the top of your head.... plus another thing that happened to me was that I couldn't swallow very well for about 3 or 4 days, but I was then on this whole other awsome level of love ...and it was like I was experiencing the oneness of all of us.......beyond duality... there were no thoughts of carnal like we have now... just pure bliss

was amazing!!!!!

Rene

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by sophia Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:40 pm

When I read the very first post in this thread my immediate thought was yes fire is the holy spirit but in this case it is in the belly. Laughing
It is the kundalini awakening. It must awaken before it can rise.

Then by the time I got to the last post I see several others had the same thoughts.....

my first awakening was somewhat different than the above mentioned ones. Mine turned into a 40 day stigmata type of experience. Now they are more like the energy coursing up and down .
sophia
sophia

Registration date : 2009-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by StarSeeker Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:58 pm

This is what happened to me. A whitewash of the inside of my head. Much like the "training program" in the Matrix movie. I was frozen in time, completely separate from everything my eyes were seeing, but completely connected to it at the same time. I haven't been the same since. Shock sensation, a noise infinitely deafening and infinitely silent went through me, and for 5 seconds, I was eternal.

Where from here? Always more questions.

Last edited by StarSeeker on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
StarSeeker
StarSeeker

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2